Ladies & Gentlemen,
It is with great pleasure that we can announce that Daishō is now in the care of our printers in Lithuania. With luck and a fair wind, this means that the first delivery of Daishō should arrive with the splendid crew at North Star Miniatures in just three weeks’ time.
So now is time for you to dive into your lead mountains and dig out those samurai, ronin, monks and ninja figures. Dust them off and get some paint on them because the game you have been waiting for is almost here.
Here is the blurb from the back cover of the book:
Have you ever wanted to replicate the incredible feats of swordsmanship you see in movies like 47 Ronin and 13 Assassins? Stand surrounded by half a dozen angry Ashigaru and then, in a single fluid motion, strike them all down?
Bring forth fiery darts from heaven and hurl them at your enemies? Face demons from the pits of hell? Disarm and hammer an arrogant Samurai lord into the dust with your bare hands?
You can do this and much more if you play Daishō, skirmish wargaming in mythical Nippon.
This game allows players to field forces of five to fifteen miniatures in a game you can easily complete in an evening on a space only a yard square. The rules are short and simple to learn – few players need to refer to them after their second or third game.
This book provides:
- The core rules of play.
- The complete points system so you can create your own forces.
- Full listings for twelve unique forces.
- Armour, weapons and equipment, both mundane and magical.
- Listings of skills, heroic ki powers and magical powers.
- Fifteen scenarios, supported by seventeen scenario complications.
- Ten detailed landscapes for you to play across, and
- Simple, yet rewarding campaign rules.